These photos show the team warming up, training and getting fuel on board……….and wow, can they eat!
2014 Port Macquarie National Camp Report
Last week 30 swimmers made the trip to Port Macquarie for the annual National Team Camp. The camp served primarily as a staging camp in preparation for the upcoming State Age Championships. Whilst the emphasis was on swimming with daily morning and afternoon sessions there was plenty of laughs and memorable moments had by all.
Port Macquarie served as a brilliant venue as the swimmers got a chance to relax in between sessions and enjoy the sun at the beach or the team bonding activities that were held. Informative lectures on nutrition as well as mental and physical preparation for State Champs were also held. Thanks to Christine McDermott (our Sports Scientist) coming on the camp the swimmers also had the advantage of receiving regular hydration and lactate tests that provided them with the invaluable feedback that certainly helped them understand how to improve their performance.
The week was brilliantly capped off with what was undoubtedly the highlight – Carlile X Factor. Every swimmer performed in a group or individually and they certainly showed they have many talents beyond the pool. We had everything from magicians to dance routines, rappers and some extremely entertaining videos showcasing impersonations and a few of the boys tough stomachs in drinking their blended meals.
Subscribe by Email
- Presentation Night – Get your tickets here!
- Speedo LZR Racing Suit Fittings and Selection Session
- Notice of 41st Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 8th May 2018
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships