On Tuesday, Laurie Lawrence addressed our Club members in an overflowing hall at Sydney Academy of Sport, Narrabeen.
He spoke of his love and passion for swimming which began whilst watching the Australian Swimming Team training in Townsville for the 1956 Olympics. He spoke of his admiration for Forbes and Ursula, the proud heritage of the Carlile Club, Australian Olympic Champions and the “passing of the baton” to current Carlile Club competitors.
Laurie inspired our members on Tuesday about lifting their horizons, to be innovative and to be prepared to “do what it takes” to get to their best possible outcomes.
We came away with a new perspective for training effectively every session, every session, for the importance of supporting other club members and many other critical issues for high performance competitive swimming.
Most of our National Age swimmers head off to Adelaide on Sunday to compete at the 2016 National Championships and they will be followed by our National Open swimmers ten days later to compete at the Olympic Trials.
Best wishes go with our 2016 National Teams, currently numbering more than forty swimmers.
- Swim Central is Here!
- Presentation Night – Wild West
- Notice of 42nd Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 14th May 2019
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships