The Hancock Prospecting Australian Olympic trials Championships Adelaide April 7 to 14th 2016.
This years Australian Swimming championships held in Adelaide doubled as the Olympic selection trials. The Carlile Swimming Club won two medals. The men’s 4×100 free relay won bronze and broke a Carlile record from 1988. The team comprised of Luke Bibby, Brian De Bono, Leon MacAlister and Callum Sherington. The second medal was in the men’s 4×200 free relay and once again breaking a long standing record from 1988. The team included Nick Jennens, Luke Bibby, Leon MacAlister and Callum Sherington.
In a breakthrough performance Emily Washer (19yrs) made the final for the 100m and 200m butterfly events. Emily broke through the 60s barrier in the 100m butterfly for the first time, registering a personal best time of 59.72. Emily also broke her own club record.
Callum Sherington (18yrs) made the semi final for the 200m individual medley. Callum was also just off qualifying for the A final in the 400m IM.
Leon Macalister (15yrs) followed up from his brilliant performances at Age Nationals with a semi final position in the men’s 200m backstroke. Leon also broke his own club record in the men’s 50m backstroke.
Jessie Quinn broke the club record in the women’s 50m breastroke.
Cornell Isherwood (17yrs) made the semi final for the men’s 100m freestyle multi class.
Well done to all swimmers who represented the club at this world class meet.
Special thanks to team manager Meiling Ong. Once again (17yrs in a row) Meiling has looked after the swimming team throughout the week. Meiling is definitely a gold medal manager.
Head Swimming Coach
Carlile Swimming Club.
Subscribe by Email
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships
- 2016-17 Club Championships Series – Session 2
- Emily Washer selected to represent Australia at the world short course championships
- Good luck to our swimmers at Australian SC Champs