Members of the Carlile Swimming Club Narrabeen have returned home after successfully competing for NSW at the recent National School Sport Australia Swimming Championships in Melbourne – bagging a total of 10 medals.
Turning out for “The Blues” were Brittany Barnes, Charli Brown, Matt Georgevits, Nick Jennens, Tyler Krenkels, Pia Lenarduzzi and Naomi Scott.
Our Medallists included:
- Brittany Barnes: 1 x Silver (200m Butterfly);
- Matt Georgevits: 1 x Silver (50m Backstroke); 1 x Bronze (100m backstroke);
- Nick Jennens: 1 x Gold (All Age Relay); 1 x Bronze (200m Butterfly);
- Tyler Krenkels: 2 x Silver (200m IM) and (4x50m Relay); 1 x Bronze (100m Backstroke);
- Pia Lenarduzzi: 2 x Silver (200m IM) and (4 x 50m Relay).
Carlile’s Head Coach, Justin Rothwell, said the Club congratulated all of its swimmers who represented NSW at the six-day event at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre.
“It was a great honour for our swimmers to be selected to represent their State at such a prestigious event as the National School Championships,” Justin said.
“They all did an amazing job, facing tough competition from the best swimmers from all over Australia.
“Our swimmers trained extremely well leading up to the event and their hard work paid off with five of our swimmers medalling and many of them setting new PBs. They should all be very proud of their achievements.”
Carlile Media Contact: Richard Lenarduzzi 0411 254 390
Subscribe by Email
- Swim Central is Here!
- Presentation Night – Wild West
- Notice of 42nd Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 14th May 2019
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships