What a fantastic weekend for the debut of the Narrabeen Carlile Swimming club at the Metropolitan Championships. An additional 19 Carlile swimmers participated at this year’s championships compared with last year. The team was ready to perform!
The results and personal best times recorded were simply awesome. We are compelled to make special mention of Luke Bibby, who won his first individual gold medal in the 100m IM. He also broke the long standing Carlile Swimming Club record. Emily Washer had another stellar weekend with a new metropolitan record in the 100m butterfly. Leon MacAlister set two new state records in the 100m and 200m backstroke plus nearly cracked the 50.0 barrier in the 100m freestyle with a 50.05! Charli Brown won an amazing 6 gold medals. Nick Jennens won 4 gold medals. Mia Rolfe won 2 gold medals. There were so many great swims from the team that it is really hard to single out any individual. More than 90% of the Carlile swimmer’s times were PB’s.
The team produced 22 gold medals and won the overall point score tally with 2761 points. Trinity grammar finished second with 2040 and Cherrybrook Carlile finished 3rd with 1856.
All swimmers and coaches deserve huge congratulations for achieving these fantastic results.
- Swim Central is Here!
- Presentation Night – Wild West
- Notice of 42nd Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 14th May 2019
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships