It was another great week at the 13-18 years State Championships!
Carlile Club had 53 swimmers competing in 301 events. The heats during the day saw many PB’s and lots of faster final swims in the evenings.
We had 96 Final swims and 39 individual medals were won. These were 22 Gold, 10 Silver and 7 Bronze. Well done to Leon Macalister, Nick Jennens, Charli Brown, Naomi Scott, Callum Sherington, Mia Rolfe, Christine Washer, Brittany Barnes, Tom Lockhart, Evan Stratton and Pia Lenarduzzi.
Well done to all the relay swimmers. Carlile had 17 relays with 15 of these Top Ten and 6 medals were gained. 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 2 Bronze. The 10×50 Freestyle Relays on the final night are always full of excitement with the girls coming 5th and the boys holding onto 2nd place. Such a great race to finish off the week!
Leon Macalister was presented with swimmer of the night on Days 1 and 4 and Nick Jennens was swimmer of the night on Day 2. This was for their outstanding swims being the closest time swum to the National Age record in their events. WELL DONE BOYS.
Carlile came second on the team point score for 13-18 years and combined over all with the 10/U-12 years State Age Championships, CARLILE WON!!
Congratulations to Justin for being presented with the Distance Coach Award.
Thank You to all the parents who helped with the timekeeping and to everyone for your support and making the week a great success once again.
Subscribe by Email
- Notice of 41st Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 8th May 2018
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships
- 2016-17 Club Championships Series – Session 2
- Emily Washer selected to represent Australia at the world short course championships