Ollie Signorini is a Narrabeen Carlile Swimming club team member who recently had a trip to Hawaii where he competed in 2 events, the Maui Channel Swim and the Waikiki Roughwater swim. Amazingly Ollie won both events!
The Maui Channel swim is a timed relay race with six team members. Each team member swims for a 10-minute leg, where they rotate with their fellow team members who follow on a support boat. The total swim is 15.85km long. Ollie and his team finished in first place! Well done Ollie!
Ollie then went on to compete in the Waikiki Roughwater swim. This is roughly a 3.8km swim from one end of Waikiki beach through the surf, to the other end of the beach and then back to shore. Ollie had an outstanding swim winning the event by more than 30 seconds. Fellow Australian and Olympian Jarrod Poort finished in 2nd place behind Ollie.
Well done Ollie on two great swims!
View interview with Ollie and Jarrod Poort.
Subscribe by Email
- Speedo LZR Racing Suit Fittings and Selection Session
- Notice of 41st Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 8th May 2018
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships
- 2016-17 Club Championships Series – Session 2