Narrabeen Carlile and The Carlile Swimming Team competed at the Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships this past Monday and Tuesday. The event was held at the Sydney International Regatta centre. Due to dirty water in the competition lake, the event was held in the warm-up lake, which offered a different but interesting course.
Saturday morning saw the young guns hit the water for the 11-13 years JX 2.5km swim. It was a rainy, cold start to the day however the Carlile swimmers did a great job. Congratulations to Narrabeen swimmer Joslyn Wishart who finished 2nd in the 11 years girls!
The weather changed to hot and sunny around midday for the 13-14 years 5km swim. The Carlile swimmers again raced exceptionally well. Congratulations to Narrabeen swimmers Brandon Bartlem who won gold in the 12 years, Joel Piper who won gold in the 13 years, and Logan Kaye who won silver in the 14 years boys!
Early afternoon saw the 15- open years hit the water for their 5km swim. Ollie Signorini who swims at Narrabeen was in the lead pack of boys – until the last 300m where he broke away to win the gold medal. Well done Ollie!
The following Sunday morning was another hot and sunny day, where Ollie Signorini backed up for the 10km swim. Ollie did a fantastic job, pacing himself with the front pack. In an exciting race, it came down to the last lap (1.25km) where Ollie finished up in 2nd place. Well done Ollie on a great swim!
The whole Carlile team raced exceptionally well over the two days, and had a great meet! Well done to all those who competed and thankyou to all the officials and parents who made the day possible!
Merry Christmas from the Carlile team!
Subscribe by Email
- Speedo LZR Racing Suit Fittings and Selection Session
- Notice of 41st Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 8th May 2018
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships
- 2016-17 Club Championships Series – Session 2