21 swimmers from Carlile Club competed at the NSW State Open Water Championships at Penrith. The day was perfect with clear blue skies, a very light wind and the water was a warm 26 degrees.
The 11, 12 and 13 years started with a 2.5km swim. Six young Carlile swimmers finished strongly with Harrison Crowley and Jordan Meacham finishing 5th and 11th respectively in the 12 years boys. Annika Tonuri was 1st 12 year old Girl over the line followed very closely by Indianna Marshall-Witte who was the 2nd 12 year old girl over the line, a great achievement. Tiarna Darley and Ellen Lockhart both finished well in their first Open water event. Well done young ladies.
In the 5km Mens and Womens 12-15 years age groups and 16-18 years we had 15 swimmers compete. Logan Kaye and Nick Jennens won Gold in the Mens 12 years and 13 years respectively. Ben Blakeney was 7th in the Mens 15 years. Jemima Stratton claimed Silver in the Womens 15years, while Naomi Scott won the Gold in the Womens 14years 5km and Rhiannon Marshall-Witte was 9th in the Womens 14 years.
Well done to all swimmers who competed!
Subscribe by Email
- Swim Central is Here!
- Presentation Night – Wild West
- Notice of 42nd Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 14th May 2019
- Wanting to contact Carlile Swimming Team (CST)?
- Speedo LZR Racing Suit Fittings and Selection Session
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships