The 2014 New South Wales Open State Championships were held this past weekend and the Carlile Swimming Club showed they are a growing force to be reckoned with on the Open Stage.
With top teams competing from not only Australia but also internationally, our swimmers were truly competing against some of the world’s best. Carlile had 33 athletes compete in 116 individual and relay events and combined to finish 11th on the point score, a great result and the Carlile Swimming Clubs highest finish in many years.
Congratulations to all individual finalists. Ami Matsuo (50 & 100 Free) and Brittany Barnes (200 Fly) whom swam brilliantly to make A Finals. Nick Robertson (50 Fly), Luke Bibby (200 IM), Stephanie Bremner (200 Back) and Leanne Wright (50 & 100 Free) whom were all B Finalists.
Carlile showed their usual strength in relays medalling in 3 events and making finals in a further three. Congratulations to the Womens 4×100 Freestyle Team who won the Gold medal and the Womens 4×200 Freestyle Team who placed 2nd.
Finally, over the weekend there were two brand new Carlile Club records set in the newly formed mixed 4x50m Relay Events. The team of Jayke Rees, Nick Robertson, Leanne Wright and Ami Matsuo en route to setting a new club record also won the Gold Medal in the Mixed 4×50 Freestyle Relay in a time of 1.39.57. The Mixed 4×50 Medley relay team consisting of Matt Georgevits, Nick Robertson, Jessie Quinn and Ami Matsuo posted a club record time of 1.52.32.
Again, congratulations to all who competed at the meet, young and old, in particular those first time Open State Competitors.
Subscribe by Email
- Presentation Night – Get your tickets here!
- Speedo LZR Racing Suit Fittings and Selection Session
- Notice of 41st Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 8th May 2018
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships