A team of nine swimmers represented Carlile Swimming Club at the Australian Open Short Course Championships held in Adelaide last week. The team comprised of Ami Matsuo, Emily Washer, Christine Washer, Jessie Quinn, Leanne Wright, Luke Bibby, Greg Phillips, Matt Georgevits, Leon MacAlister. Brian De Bono had to withdraw from the team at the last minute with a broken wrist.
The team performed exceptionally well! In fact every swimmer posted a personal best time, even the thirty eight years young Greg Phillips posted up some personal best times.
The Carlile Club records also have a new look about them with six records smashed at the meet. In fact some of the records were broken multiple times including the 100m freestyle which Leanne and Ami each broke in the heats, semi-final and final!
- Leanne Wright 50m freestyle 24.87
- Ami Matsuo 100m freestyle 53.55
- Ami Matsuo 200m freestyle 1.57.21
- Emily Washer 50m butterfly 27.59
- Jessie Quinn 50m Breastroke 32.52
- Ami Matsuo 100m IM 1.02.11
All of the Carlile relays finished in the top eight. The men’s medley relay was a combination of youth and experience with first timer and just 14 years of age Leon MacAlister combining with the experienced Greg Phillips. Greg certainly led this team along with Luke and Matt combined with a very impressive swim.
It was a great week and I certainly must acknowledge our marvellous team co-ordinator Meiling. Once again Meiling was there helping with everything that the team needed so they could focus on swimming fast.
Subscribe by Email
- Swim Central is Here!
- Presentation Night – Wild West
- Notice of 42nd Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 14th May 2019
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships