Following some recent delays to the announcement of dates and venue for the 2014 Australian Open Water Swimming Championships, I am pleased to now be able to confirm the details for this event.
As a result of some recent developments in the High Performance area, the next 12 months represent a transitional period in the OWS space. This will eventually see a much stronger open water program and opportunities for elite athletes leading into major international events.
As part of this transition, the Open events (5km and 10km) will be run separately from the Age group events in 2014 only. The dates and locations for these events are:
Event: 2014 Australian Open Water Swimming Championships (Open 5km and 10km)
Date: Sunday 2 February 2014
Venue: Swan River, Perth (starting near Barrack Street Jetty)
Notes: This event will take place as part of the 2014 BHP Billiton Aquatic Super Series elite 5km and 10km OWS events
Event: 2014 Australian Age Open Water Swimming Championships
Date: Friday 14 – Sunday 16 February 2014
Venue: Eastern Beach, Geelong
In addition to the above, the SAL High Performance unit have made some changes to team selections for the 2014 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships – Open Water. I have attached the selection criteria for the event for your reference, although I believe that this has already been circulated by HPU.
Ben Carter | Event Operations Manager | Swimming Australia Ltd
Subscribe by Email
- Presentation Night – Get your tickets here!
- Speedo LZR Racing Suit Fittings and Selection Session
- Notice of 41st Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 8th May 2018
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships