The Australian Open Water Championships were held this past weekend in Geelong, Victoria. Carlile Swimming Club were well represented with a strong team of 11 traveling down south for the event under the expert guidance of Ryo.
Melbourne did not disappoint with their weather ensuring everyone got to experience the four seasons in a matter of days. Despite the tough conditions and swimming in an unusual venue our swimmers performed exceptionally well.
Congratulations to first time Open Water National Swimmers Ashley Roestorf, Mayu Fujinami, Naomi Scott, Matt Chant, Peter Marley and Tyler Adam. It is fantastic to see so many first time qualifiers who not only have the toughness to swim the 5km but also perform on the highest stage.
Open water veterans Evan Stratton, Ben Blakeney, James Clerke, Charli Young and Jemima Stratton also showed their class posting quality times against the best Australia had to offer. Particular congratulations to Evan, Jemima and Ben who placed, 5th, 6th and 9th, respectively in their age group 5km events. A remarkable achievement placing top 10 in the country.
Ryo said it was fantastic to see everyone (swimmers and parents) come together as a team and help and encourage one another. Special thanks goes to Karen Blakeney and Nicky Stratton for their help and organisation over the weekend.
Congratulations again to all the Carlile competitors on their achievements.
Subscribe by Email
- Presentation Night – Get your tickets here!
- Speedo LZR Racing Suit Fittings and Selection Session
- Notice of 41st Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 8th May 2018
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships