This past weekend 73 Carlile athletes competed at the NSW Metropolitan Swimming Championships. Two days of racing against very good competition saw many fine performances and the Carlile Swimming Club capture back to back Metropolitan Long Course Championship Crowns. Well done to all the athletes, coaches and parents.
Almost one third of Carlile swims were top 10 performances, of which 30 were medal winning achievements (11 Gold, 10 Silver, 9 Bronze). The results were strong across the board with swimmers from all squads achieving new PBs and many achieving qualifying times for State and National Championships.
Congratulations to Brittany Barnes, Luke Bibby, Johan Gerritsen, Nick Jennens, Tyler Krenkels, Justin Lee, Leon MacAlister, Ami Matsuo, Andrew Newling, Mia Rolfe, Emily Washer and Jasen Winny for your medal winning achievements against many other excellent athletes.
Special congratulations also to Mia Rolfe and Jasen Winny who achieved their first National Age Qualifying times and to Nick Jennens who swam remarkably well over the weekend, competing in 8 events and winning a staggering 7 gold medals and 1 silver.
Well done to ALL Carlile swimmers who competed on the weekend. You have made a fantastic start to the 2013-14 Summer Season.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
Subscribe by Email
- Presentation Night – Get your tickets here!
- Speedo LZR Racing Suit Fittings and Selection Session
- Notice of 41st Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 8th May 2018
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships