Congratulations to Georgia and Nick, who both had a brilliant meet at the 2013 FINA World Championships in Dubai. The Australian team topped the medal chart which is a phenomenal achievement.
Georgia won two medals. Gold in the Mixed 4x100m Free Relay and Silver in the Women’s 4x100m Free Relay. Nick swam two PB’s in his 100m Fly to make it through to the semi-finals and he just missed the medals with a fourth place in the Men’s 4x100m Medley Relay.
Mixed 400 Free Relay – FINAL
Four of the top five teams tried leading off their boys, leaving their girls for the last two legs, likely to avoid having them caught up in the wake of being stuck in a big hole against male swimmers.
The Australians did this, putting Luke Percy 1st in 49.57, Regan Leong 2nd in 49.59, Shayna Jack in 54.37, and Georgia Miller anchoring in 55.21, and the strategy worked masterfully for them. All four swimmers put up times about where expected, their girls swam especially well, and they won in a new (de facto) Championship Record of 3:28.74.
Subscribe by Email
- Swim Central is Here!
- Presentation Night – Wild West
- Notice of 42nd Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 14th May 2019
- Wanting to contact Carlile Swimming Team (CST)?
- Speedo LZR Racing Suit Fittings and Selection Session
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships