The first full day of competition for the 2013 Australian Short Course Championships commences today at Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre.
The best wishes of all Club Members go with our Carlile Team, most of whom are shown here at their final preparation session last night.
Congratulations to our Australian Short Course Champions the Carlile Girls Open 4×100 Freestyle Relay Team.
The team of Leanne Wright, Alicia Caldwell, Emily Washer and Ami Matsuo held off all challenges and won by a finger nail to claim the 2013 Australian Short Course Title.
Congratulations to the girls and the coaches… a fantastic achievement!
Night two at the Australian Short Course Championships provided more highlights. After Leanne and Ami placed 7th and 8th respectively in the 100 free final on night one there were more finals performances.
Jessie Quinn (100 IM) and Alicia Caldwell (100 Back) both placed 10th in their first ever Open National Final, while the girls (Alicia, Leanne, Emily and Ami) backed up for another medal placing 2nd in the 4×200 freestyle relay… a fantastic performance!
The mens 4×200 freestyle team consisting of Jayke Rees, Luke Bibby, Matt Georgevits and Callum Sherington swam brilliantly and surprised all placing 6th in the event against a very strong field.
Picture: mens 4×200 team with “Magic” Michael Gale
Night three of the finals, whilst not resulting in any medals, saw the team compete in 4 individual finals and 2 relay finals. Continuing her strong meet Alicia Caldwell competed in the 50 Back and 200 Free placing 9th and 10th respectively, Leanne Wright swam brilliantly just missing a medal placing 4th in the 200 Free and Emily Washer competed in her first Open National Final placing 8th in the 200 Fly. Both the Mens and Womens 4×100 Medley Relay teams swam extremely well with the Womens team placing 4th.
These Championships marked the conclusion of the Winter Season and the Carlile Team did not disappoint. Mixing it with some of Australia’s best swimmers in the country Carlile finished 13th overall, a huge improvement from last year’s 47th place finish, and Carlile’s best finish in many years.
The team had 18 athletes compete in 57 events making finals in 13 of those events. Throughout the meet a total of four Carlile Club Records were broken. These were the:
- Womens 4×100 Freestyle Relay – Leanne Wright, Alicia Caldwell, Emily Washer and Ami Matsuo – 3.41.97
- Womens 4×100 Medley Relay – Alicia Caldwell, Jessie Quinn, Emily Washer and Ami Matsuo – 4.10.37
- Womens 50 Backstroke – Alicia Caldwell – 28.44
- Womens 100 Backstroke – Alicia Caldwell – 1.01.18
Congratulations to all who competed at the meet, in particular those first time Open National Competitors.
Special congratulations to Alicia for breaking two individual club records. Her own record in the 100 Backstroke and the 50 Backstroke, a 22 year old record previously held by Joanna Griggs.
Subscribe by Email
- Presentation Night – Get your tickets here!
- Speedo LZR Racing Suit Fittings and Selection Session
- Notice of 41st Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 8th May 2018
- 2017 NSW State Open Championships
- JPS Skills Camp 2017
- 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships
- 2016-17 Swimming NSW State Open and Age Open Water Swimming Championships
- 2016-17 NSW 13-18 Years State Age Championships
- Emily Washer – Big PB in the 50m fly and into the semi
- 2016 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships